Timetable Scheduling Guidelines
- Departments must fully use the timetable within the constraints of their discipline. Eg., science departments with 3 hour labs are expected not to hold courses in the afternoon. Departments using 1.5 hr slots should have courses distributed among them all.
- Departments must make reasonable efforts to avoid conflicts for students who require their courses for their programs.
- All courses must be offered within the slots approved by Senate. Any request to offer a course at another time will be considered after all other courses have been assigned.
- Discussion groups, required tutorials, and studios must be advertised and scheduled as part of the timetable so that students can plan their schedules more accurately and so that classrooms can be assigned.
- Senior seminar courses within a department should be evenly distributed across the week.
Links you may find useful.