Records, Forms, and Other Requests

Throughout your academic career you may require some of the information and forms found below.


Official academic transcripts (prepared on special paper) are available through the Registrar's Office. An official transcript is a record of your entire official academic history including courses taken and grades assigned.

Transcript Ordering

Requests for transcripts must be in writing. No email or telephone requests are accepted. There are two options for ordering.

**Log in with your username and case sensitive password. Click "Forgot password" if you do not remember your password to have it emailed to you. Once logged in, choose Order Transcript. If you cannot see "Order Transcript" and your last name has changed, log out and log in to your account using the first letter of your new last name and the same password. Your account will change when your name changes.

Please Note: Official transcripts will be released only when all financial obligations to the university are cleared.

Transcript Fees

Orders will not be processed without payment. We accept payment by cheque, money order, or credit card. (Credit card only for online orders.)

  • Each transcript sent by regular mail within Canada is $10, and International is $15.
  • If the transcript is to be sent by fax, express post, or courier within Canada the fee is $20.
  • If courier service is required outside of Canada, the entire courier charge is the responsibility of the student.

Important Tips about Ordering Transcripts

  • Five (5) to seven (7) working days are required to process transcript requests. Please also allow sufficient time for mail delivery.
  • When you order online you can check the status of your order and see your unofficial transcript.
  • Official transcripts must be sent directly to another university or college, to an official of an organization, or sent directly to the student in a sealed envelope. If the transcript is sent directly to the student, the sealed envelope and the transcript will be stamped "not official if seal is broken". These sealed envelopes are mailed in a larger envelope that can be opened by the student. Transcripts marked "Issued to Student" may be ordered for personal use.
  • The Registrar's office cannot release high school transcripts and other documents on file. Contact your high school principal for school records. For transcripts from another university or college, contact the Registrar of that institution.
  • Student records are confidential. Transcripts are issued only upon the request of the student; third party requests will not be processed.
  • The recipient may find it helpful to know why you have submitted a transcript. (Examples: degree program applied for, employment position being sought, identification number).

Co-curricular transcript

The Co-Curricular Transcript is an official record of verified activities issued by Acadia University that complements, but are not a credited part of, your academic program or coursework. It is a unique and professional means for you to document and highlight extracurricular accomplishments, involvement in extracurricular activities, and additional learning developed outside of the classroom throughout your time at Acadia University. You will use this transcript to complement your academic transcript and resume when applying to employers, grad schools, coop placements, and scholarship programs.


Diploma Mailing

Diplomas not collected during convocation ceremonies are generally mailed or available for pick-up, upon request, the following day.

Please confirm your mailing address online using the Central portal

Replacement Diplomas

If you require a replacement diploma, please submit this application and include the $50.00 fee. Please note that it may take between four and six weeks to be processed.

We are unable to accept requests from third parties. The application must be signed by the graduate.


Diploma Framing Service


Diploma framing service is available. Framing can be done at the post-graduation reception, or throughout the year by contacting our Financial Services Office. More information is available by calling 902-585-1647 or by emailing You may also visit the office at University Hall, Room 236. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Letter of Permission

If you wish to take a course at another university for transfer credit to Acadia, you must obtain approval in writing and in advance for this through the Registrar. If approval is obtained, the Registrar will issue an appropriate letter of permission to the host university that you wish to attend. A transcript of your Acadia record must also be sent. You are reminded that normally the last sixty hours (60h) required for a degree must be taken at Acadia, although you may transfer from elsewhere six hours (6h) of the last sixty hours (60h) required for your intended degree. Letters of permission cannot be approved for students with an outstanding account balance at Acadia University.

It is your responsibility to apply for admission to the host university.

  1. Complete this form
  2. Have it approved by your Dean or Director and
  3. Submit it to the Registrar’s Office
    a) with a payment of $10, $15 to fax, (refundable if the course is not approved for transfer credit)
    b) along with a description of the course for which permission to transfer is sought.

The Registrar’s Office will send the letter of permission to the host university and an official transcript of your record so that the host university can determine that you meet any prerequisites.

It is also your responsibility to ensure the host university sends a copy of your official transcript to Acadia's Registrar's Office on completion of the course.

Transfer Credits

The credits you transfer from another university can be used toward your program at Acadia. We normally give transfer credit for individual courses which are applicable to your undergraduate degree program of study.

If you would like to take a course at another institution, approval must be obtained in writing and in advance. The Application for Transfer Credit Form must be completed and signed by your Department, then forwarded to the Registrar's Office for approval. Master of Education students should use this form.

High School

International Baccalaureate (IB) Program

Students admitted to Acadia University with a score of 30 or higher on the IB Diploma will receive 30 hours of university credit. Acadia gives individual credit for IB courses completed at the higher level with grades of 5, 6, or 7.

Advanced Placement (AP)

AP students will receive a maximum of 30 credit hours transferred on approved courses. Check AP course transfers for courses, required grades and the Acadia equivalent.

Master of Education Students

New or current Acadia University M.Ed. students may request to transfer to their Acadia program a maximum of 12 credit hours of academic courses completed at another institution. Transferred courses must not have been previously used for a degree or diploma. An official transcript must be sent to the Registrar’s Office before credit is placed on your Acadia transcript. Final approval of the Acadia University Registrar’s Office is required. Please use this form to apply for transfer of your previous credits

Release of Information

The information that Acadia University collects during your time as a student is confidential and is not available beyond the campus community without your consent. (Please see Release of Information about Students in the Academic Policy and Regulations section of the Academic Calendar.)

You are able to provide access to this information to others should you choose by completing the Release of Information Permission Form. This form is in effect from the day you indicate, until you graduate, or indicate otherwise. Permission can be revoked at any time.


Course and Program Changes

It is your responsibility to initiate course and program changes. Please refer to the Academic Schedule for important dates related to changes.

Course Add/Drop

You may add and drop your courses via Online Registration in Acadia Central.

Withdrawal from an Online Course

If you wish to withdraw from an online course there are deadlines and withdrawal fees to be aware of. More information is available here.

Program Changes

Changing your program requires that you meet with the school or department into which you want to change. They will determine whether they will accept you into the program. When they do so, the school or department will send an e-mail to the Registrar's Office for processing.

Program changes will be reflected on your record in Acadia Central once processed.

Withdrawal From Studies

We recognize that there are times that withdrawing from studies is unavoidable. We encourage you to make use of the resources available to you here at Acadia and listed in the first year student menu as you make this decision. If, after you have examined your opportunities here and still feel you must withdraw, please have this form completed to ensure you have notified all the appropriate parties. This will help prevent surprise billings later.

Verification of Enrolment

To receive a Verification of Enrolment (often required for RESP's, banking purposes, or family health plans, etc.), please put in a request at Acadia's Hub Service Portal by logging on with your student account and clicking on "Verification of Enrolment" in the "Popular Services" column. You can also come by the Registrar's office and pick one up in person (must have picture ID).

We are not able to release a Verification of Enrolment on the request of a third party. At your request (in the HUB ticket or in person at the Registrar's office), we can send a Verification of Enrolment to the address you supply by fax, scanning/email or paper mail. Please ensure you supply all the information required to be able to send your proof of enrolment.

Acadia University Custodian Procedures

Citizenship and Immigration Canada may in some cases require that persons under the age of 19 applying for a study permit have a Custodian living in the local community in Canada.

In the event that you still do not have a custodian, Acadia University has assigned an individual to provide custodianship for emergency cases. Please complete the attached forms along with Government of Canada Custodian Declaration - Parent/Guardian Declaration, found at: 

When completing the Government of Canada form please use the following Custodian information.

Full Name: James Sanford
Status in Canada: Canadian Citizen
Date of Birth:  October 13, 1964

Current Address: 30 Highland Avenue, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, B4P 2R6
Telephone #: 902-585-1460

Please ensure you have included the following:

When all forms are complete please forward them to: 

By Email: Scanned signed copies can be emailed to

By Mail: 
Acadia University
Enrolment and Student Services
Custodian Requests - Box 40
31 Acadia Street
Wolfville, Nova Scotia B4P 2R6  Canada

By Fax: Signed copies can be faxed to 902-585-1092

Name Change

Official government documentation is required as proof of your name change. Please mail or email your request to

Application for Re-Read

Any request to re-read an examination paper must reach the Registrar on the re-read form within 30 days after release of the final examination results. The request must be accompanied by a fee of $10, which will be refunded only if the mark is raised. All requests for a re-read will be directed by the Registrar to the director or head concerned for implementation. Re-reads of examinations will be conducted by the head/director of the unit involved and a second faculty member who has expertise in the subject area, after consultation with the original instructor. In the event that the head/director is the instructor, the dean will designate a replacement to conduct the re-read. Re-reads may be requested in any or all courses in which a student is registered without reference to class standing or the final grade assigned. A reread of a mid-year examination will be granted only after consultation with the head of the department or director of the school concerned. A student who requests a re-read in a course forfeits the grade originally assigned.

Withdrawal from Studies

To withdraw from Acadia University, visit the Registrar's office to begin filling in a "Withdrawal from Studies" form, or print off a copy here: WITHDRAWAL FROM STUDIES. Withdrawing students must then take their form and follow the sequence of instructions as listed below:

  1. Student Affairs, Students’ Union Building, Room 627

All students withdrawing from Acadia University must meet with a Student Affairs staff member to complete an exit interview.

  1. Residence Life, Students’ Union Building, Room 627

Students in residence and with meal plans must complete withdrawal procedures at Residence Life.

  1. Technology Services, BAC level 1000

Please ensure that the Technology Services has signed the form.

  1. Vaughan Memorial Library

Check with the Library to make sure that you have no outstanding fines or books still checked out and have them initial the form.

  1. Registrar’s Office, University Hall, 1st level

Bring this form to the Registrar’s Office to be withdrawn from your courses.

  1. Student Accounts Office, University Hall, 1st level

The last step is to pay any outstanding balance owing to the University or arrange for any refund due you.

Slot Sheet

You may find the slotsheet useful when planning your course selections.

You will find forms related to the following by clicking on the appropriate links below.