Instructions for the Course Information Portal
How to Get Your Username and Password
Username - is your current Acadia network username Password - if you have never logged into this site, your password needs to be set up. Go to the following link - Get Password
Logging In and Introduction
Log in to a computer with web access.
- Go to Acadia Central and choose Course Information Portal in the left menu under Sites.
- If this is the first time you have logged into the site, click on Login Help or Forgot Password? and follow the instructions at the Accounts@Acadia site.
- The first time you log in, you will be prompted to respond affirmatively to a notice concerning the expected use of the data.
Once logged in, you will see links in the left menu.
- Choose Course List to view all of the courses you teach.
- If you click on Email, on the right side, you can email your classlist. If the Registrar’s Office schedules your examination, it will appear in columns on the right of the page. If you click on the course name on the left (e.g. ECON1013A1), you will be taken to the class list.
The Class List
The Registrar’s Office reminds you that grades are entered on the web! As long as you have a computer with access to the world-wide web, you can enter your grades. All grades must be received from the web. The Registrar’s Office does not produce grade sheets.
Important Notes and Tips about Grades
- If a student has an incomplete without an excuse, submit a 0, even if there is a partial grade.
An Incomplete entered will convert to a 0.
All grades for graded courses must be between 0 and 100. The application TRUNCATES the grade, rather than rounding. Please make the adjustments before entering.
If there are blank lines in the Excel Posting window, you will get a message that the entry was in an improper format. Please delete the blank lines.
If a student has a legitimate compassionate reason for not having completed the course or you know the student is finishing (for example you have given an extension), enter an S. All S grades will be followed up by the Registrar's office and grades not converted within 30 days will be changed to an F.
The Changed column will show a change of grade if the Registrar’s Office has received a grade change form between the time the classlist is posted to the Registrar’s Office and it’s posted to the student information system.
Pass/fail courses accept a P, F or S.
There is no comment field. The Registrar’s Office does not use the comment field to determine grade entry.
Students not on the class list, who may have been in your class, must be submitted on grade change forms. If they are not on your classlist, they have not registered for the course.
If your grades have not been submitted on-line to the Registrar's Office by their due date, you will receive an automated reminder. If you have made arrangements for them to be submitted later, please disregard the email.